Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The D day in LLG

Hey hey hey... I just want to upload some photos from the D-day. They didn't tell much because they were taken by mobile camera. I might get more from my brother's camera.

So let me tell you what really happened that day. We were having 2 days celebations, the first one was for the ceremony and the second one for the reception.

Because the ceremony was held around 1PM but there will be a some chinese ritual before that which need to be documented by the photographer, was ready in the make up salon around 7.30-ish in the morning, had my hair washed, make-up with lots of powder awith special request not to apply more than 3 colours on my face, get my hair set and done.. I was wearing the ivory coloured A-line lace dress with chinese collar - very simple and (in my opinion-) very humble suit for the ceremony at Mr.Chai's monastery. Did I mentioned my mom made it for me? :D

At the same time, Mr Chai's parents came to his house and helped him to dress up before they all came and picked me up at the hotel. I was wearing veils that my mom and miss Lenie made for me - a very delicate ivory fabric with lace around it. My family said I look so feminine - a very rare comment.
Mr Chai opened the veil and took my hand, we stepped down the stairs to get in to the car and head down to his parent's house to give some respect to family ancestors and chinese god. After three red scents for each we went to the monastery for the ceremony.
It was held in Budhist way - lots of kneeling and had our wedding vows in Mandarin - my brothers were amazed that I could repeat the vows fluently. By then, I was officially Mrs Chai..

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! U speak MANDARIN???
    I should watch the DVD!!! Lemme know when its DONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, i spoke Mandarin... LOL kalo di suruh lagi sekarang, gue juga gak bakal bisa.
    Weleh Foto2 dan DVD di sini mah males banget liatnya... Tp ntar gue upload deh. Tunggu 3 bulan lagi ye.. ;P

    ReplyDelete