Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review

I promised to give review on the one and only dress made by not-my-mom, juliasposa. I know juliasposa because I passed the store everytime I grab some lunch when I was still working with previous employee. Neat interior with light colour wall, huge mac at the front desk, cute tiny staffs and mbak Ulfa who usually greet you first.

I was in search for a photoshoot dress. I know my mom would not have the time to make this one for me because she has lot in her hand already.
Been checking out some dress before I decided to go with "the dress", it was a greek style dress with lots of sequins and purple crystal around my fat tummy. Everyone warned me that I don't actually have any "assets" to pull this dress off - if you know what I mean. But I love the fabric, and the simplicity yet lots of texture.

Anyway, I was a little bit anxious in the process because we didn't have lots of time to finish the dress. I'm talking about 2 weeks and do fitting twice. All and all, I got the dress on time after a quick alterations although there is still funny shape on the back.

Here some shots of the dress..



Conclusion, I'm so lucky I have my mom. Not that I'm not thankful about all effort made from JuliaSposa's end,  but because my mom her self a dress maker, I could estimate the real time line, budget and the complexity of making this dress.  I'm not quite happy with the dress, it cost a fortune (around $400 - all my 3 wedding dresses combined together will not be that expensive!) but the service and quality didn't meet my expectation.

I envy Mr Chai when he did a fitting trying his suites at VentLee. Same price with my dress (hiks...) and the service was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment