Friday, March 18, 2011

Wedding favor

To be honest I don't actually involve that much preparing the venue in LL since (I think) Mr Chai can handle it himself - single handedly, see how awesome he is.. Anyway, he asked me to help him buy the wedding favor for LL venue. We were thinking something very simple, not really far from our "green" concept and reasonably fit the budget. 

So the hunting began - that was actually a month ago, my mom and I went to the famous wholesale centre in Jakarta, ASEMKA, where you can find very cheap accessories, stationary, toys, wedding accessories etc. Don't expect nice building, this is a very old building and I really doubt there is any building manager. After looking around in a muggy and hectic corridors, we stopped at one shop - I couldn't even think to remember the name because I seriously wanted to get out from there in a flash.  

I choose to go with the wooden chopstick and have to take them in mixed colour because they don't have all green in that much quantity. 

The next move is to make small thank you note which need be attached to those chopsticks.  I decided to do DIY by printing them on art papers.  Where else to find a wide range of art paper in a cheap price? There is a big paper distributor in Jembatan Lima - Surya Palace Jaya and they have nice showroom where you can find lots of art paper in reasonable price. Their website is here.  Confuse about how many paper you need to buy? there are two nice girls will help you out for that. 

We started packing these chopsticks since two days ago and it's still half way done. Have you ever had this weird feeling in your tummy - more like you want to vomit because of doing an endless job? Yes, that's the reason why we work really slow.. But we are certain we can pack them all by this weekend. 

So.. LL wedding favor: checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment